This is a perfect salad when you make too many steaks over the weekend and don't want that incredible steak to go to waste. You will find I make many recipes with ingredients that were prepared beforehand. I don't let anything go to waste and like to have ingredients on hand so I can always whip up a flavorful meal quickly and easily. This is a classic salad with a twist of prosciutto. Blue cheese and steak are the perfect combination. The satisfaction of that amazing steak, both charred and juicy, and all the crunch and brightness of the veggies. Blue Cheese ties everything together, making this a perfect main dish anytime throughout the week.
Jump To Recipe
- 1 1/2 Heads of romaine lettuce
- 4 oz Prosciutto
- 6 oz Sirloin steak thinly sliced. We used leftover grilled steak
- ½ Pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup blue cheese crumbles or slices
- Salt and Pepper
- Blue cheese or vinegar/ balsamic dressing
- Optional toppings Caesar style croutons
Preparation - 7 minutes Cook time - 0 minutes Serves 2
- Get out your salad bowls and place them next to your cutting board. As you chop your ingredients, place them into the bowls evenly.
- 2 Small heads of romaine lettuce directly off the head into 1/2" pieces. Make sure to divide the more crunchy and delicate pieces evenly.
- Slice the prosciutto bite-size pieces, then place evenly over the lettuce.
- Thinly slice your steak and divide evenly over each salad portion.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and then place them over the lettuce. Then salt and pepper according to your liking.
- Crumble the blue cheese over your salads. Place a few croutons on top if you desire. Then dress your salad with a Blue cheese dressing or vinaigrette of your choice. Serve and enjoy!