This recipe is a restaurant-style dish that can be easily made at home with very few ingredients. We used two jalapeno peppers to add heat and garlic to flavor the dish. We picked parsley and chives from our garden for the herbs, but any herb blend can be used to flavor the pasta and shrimp. The sauce is simple, made with aromatic vegetables, high-quality olive oil, garlic, and a small amount of butter. This dish is also quick to make, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. You can follow our recipe or add your own spin to it. Give it a try and enjoy!Jump To Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons high-quality olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Jalapeños sliced (we had red on hand)
- Small bunch of chives and parsley chopped
- 3-4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb Jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 Lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 lb pasta of choice: we selected spaghettini
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation - 5 minutes Cook Time - 20 minutes Serving 4-6
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once the pasta is cooked, reserve two ladles of pasta water. We prefer to cook the pasta aldente.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the herbs, garlic, and peppers. Also, zest the lemon.
- Peel and devein the shrimp if needed.
- Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a large skillet. Add jalapeños and cook until they are tender over medium heat. Cook the garlic for a minute and add half of the chopped herbs. Keep the rest of the herbs aside for later.
- Turn down the heat to medium/low. Place the shrimp in the skillet, making sure they are evenly spread out for even cooking. Flip them over once the shrimp starts turning pink up to the middle. Cook the other side until it's just under fully pink, being careful not to overcook them. Quickly remove the shrimp from the pan and transfer them to a separate bowl. They will continue to cook slightly due to residual heat, achieving the perfect texture. Do not overcook the shrimp, as this will make them rubbery.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the large skillet over medium heat and add one ladle of the reserved pasta water. The pasta water will act as the sauce. You do not want the pasta to be too wet with the pasta water. It is added to increase the starch and distribute the flavor evenly over the pasta.
- Add a handful of fresh herbs, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything together once more. Adjust the seasoning and pasta water if needed. Then, serve immediately with the shrimp placed over the pasta and enjoy!