We have some of the most beautiful heirloom tomatoes and peppers growing in our garden. And what better way to make use of them than by whipping up some fresh Pico de Gallo? Unlike regular salsa, Pico de Gallo is never heated and boasts a wonderfully fresh taste. This versatile dish is perfect for scooping up with your favorite tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, quesadillas, and more.Jump To Recipe
- 3 Cups diced tomatoes, any type will work well
- 1 Chili pepper, we used serrano
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 Small white onion diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preparation - 5 minutes Cook Time - 0 minutes Serving 5-8
- Begin by dicing the tomatoes and chili pepper. Place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Take a medium-sized lime and zest it with a microplane. Then, juice the lime directly into the mixing bowl.
- Dice a medium-sized white onion and add it to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and mix it in.
- Finally, season with a generous amount of salt and pepper, approximately 1/3 teaspoon each.
- Give everything a good stir. You can serve it immediately or refrigerate it to allow the ingredients to blend together. Enjoy!