Preparing shrimp is one of the simplest ways to cook protein, so I use it frequently. I created this dish using ingredients from my garden, resulting in a flavorful and nutritious meal. Herbs enhance the taste while providing essential nutrients. The addition of lemon adds a refreshing touch and balances the flavors. You can effortlessly customize this dish based on the contents of your garden and fridge. It's an uncomplicated, speedy, and flavorsome meal.
Jump To Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Medium zucchini
- 2 Small sweet peppers
- 1 Medium jalapeno
- 1 Large plum tomato
- 4 Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon and ½ of the juice
- lb Jumbo shrimp
- Salt and pepper
Preparation - 7 minutes Cook time - 10 minutes Serves 4-5
- Cut the zucchini into angled pieces by rotating the knife at a forty-five-degree angle while cutting each piece. This technique adds visual appeal, but it is not necessary. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the chopped zucchini and a pinch of salt to draw out moisture and enhance the flavor. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While the zucchini is cooking, slice the remaining vegetables and cook them until they start to soften.
- Add herbs, lemon zest, and juice, and stir everything together. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Next, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat that up. Once heated, place your peeled and deveined shrimp into the skillet. Cook until the shrimp turns pink through the middle. Flip the shrimp and cook on the other side, watching it carefully to turn completely pink.
- Add your cooked vegetables back into the skillet and sauté to heat them through. Serve immediately.